Portfolio and Partnerships Consultant, Nature-Based Solutions (H/F) Paris, France
Established in 2005, EcoAct is a group of companies bringing together more than 130 experts and 40 operational people. Located in France (Paris, Lyon, Montpellier), the United States (New York), the United Kingdom (London), Spain (Barcelona) and Kenya (Nairobi and Embu) in addition to a network of dedicated consultants in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate and carbon neutral strategy, addressing all major issues (carbon, water, biodiversity, health, etc.). Driven by the same fundamental values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and compensation, enabling organizations to use the climate as a real lever for performance and innovation.
Carbon offset, carbon neutrality and net zero are gaining momentum in all geographical areas. The voluntary markets growing rapidly as well as the demand for voluntary offsetting. On the compliance side, regional and sectorial regulations are escalating Project development is a demand from the market and we assist to a growing interest in carbon sinks
As a fast-growing organization, new profiles are constantly joining us in the different business units. We are currently looking for a Portfolio and Partnerships Consultant within the Nature Based Solutions Business Unit, focused on sourcing Offset and Renewable Energy assets, with a view to manage and execute various assignments described below.
If you have a desire to become an actor for change and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you.
Portfolio and Partnerships Consultant, Nature-Based Solutions Business Unit
The candidate is in charge of enriching the Offset & Renewable Energy portfolio of EcoAct’s group with Best-In-Class projects and qualitative environmental assets. He/she will be in charge of the sourcing of Offset, Renewable Energy, or any future nature-based asset through strategic partnerships with project developers.
He/She contributes to the development of EcoAct’s portfolio of innovative carbon offset and renewable energy projects. These projects will be sourced worldwide, with local partners all over the world.
He/she will work under the supervision of the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships to reinforce links with new and long-term strategic partners.
He/she contacts historical partners and new projects developers to discuss availability, quality level and price of the environmental projects and assets he/she proposes, to enrich EcoAct’s Portfolio. When necessary, he/she travels abroad to visit and perform audits and due diligences on newly identified projects which could be included in EcoAct’s portfolio.
He/she will report frequently to the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships on his/her progress on discussions with partners and projects developers, through review of reporting and indicators.
He/she assists business development teams during the sales process when necessary, especially on marketing and communication materials or commercial offers preparation.
He/she occasionally assists the Quality and Process Consultant in managing environmental assets operations on internal and external registers, and edits clients’ deliverables related to carbon offset and renewable energy certificate operations on those registries.
Main responsibilities include:
Existing and New partnerships for securing Offset and Renewable Energy assets
- Identify and know the characteristics of the stakeholders evolving in EcoAct’s ecosystem
- Set up or reinforce strategic partnerships with project developers/owners/stakeholders with a view to enrich our portfolio and secure on the long-term the sourcing of Offset and Renewable Energy assets
- Identify, develop and manage with its team the carbon credits & renewable certificates portfolio (sourcing)
- Manage closely relationship with project holders and develop a network of suppliers
- Purchase and negotiate directly with sellers
- Undertake and oversee initial and regular due diligence assessments on desk (risk assessment) and on site (site visit), followed by regular updates
- Collection, centralization and storage of project information, prices ranges, vintages, contacts, contracts (MoU, Term Sheets, Cooperation agreements, VERPAs, etc)
- Actively support sales and business development to close deals for customers (contribute to tenders, offers, customer visits and presentation, customized solution…)
- Development and support for communication and marketing material to staff and clients
Required competencies for the position
- Academic background: Business School or University. Specialization on sustainable development or climate policy is a plus
- Rigorous and organized
- Good relationship capabilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Collaborative, Expert, Future focused, Engaged
- Curious (exploring new high impact opportunities through all nature-based solutions, etc)
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team spirit
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- First experience in sustainability and climate change
- Ability to work with databases, numbers and
- Fluent in French and in English, with Spanish being a bonus
- Position is Paris based
Please send applications to email@example.com, stating “Portfolio and Partnerships Consultant” in the subject line.