The use of climate targets to guide energy transition investing is growing across private markets as allocations to alternative assets expand to 2030. With increasing numbers of investors looking to grow their allocations to climate solutions across private debt and private equity strategies, EcoAct is convening leaders to assess the way forward.
As global asset allocators look to increase investment in climate solutions this decade, what role will private markets play in meeting these goals? With the US Inflation Reduction Action and the European Green Deal Industrial Plan putting fiscal power behind clean energy and infrastructure projects, this roundtable will consider how private debt and private equity investors can boost progress on decarbonising energy, transport, and the built environment.
Join us to learn:
- How leading private market investors are assessing climate solutions and allocating capital to companies for rapid decarbonisation.
- How private market portfolio managers are tracking their alignment with science-based decarbonisation pathways across sectors and regions.
- How climate performance metrics can be used in different parts of the deal lifecycle.
- Adrian Chapman, Head of Group Climate Investment Oversight at Legal & General
- Patrick Peura, UN Asset Owner Alliance Engagement Co-lead, Investor Engagement Manager, Allianz
- Heike Schmitz, Partner, Germany, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Hamish Stewart, Principal Consultant, Sustainable Finance, EcoAct
- Catherine Chisem, Senior Consultant, Sustainable Finance, EcoAct