Established in 2005, EcoAct is composed of a group of companies bringing together more than 70 experts. Located in France (Paris, Lyon, Montpellier and Toulouse), in the United States (New York) and in Kenya (Nairobi and Embu), we have a network of dedicated consultants in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate strategy, addressing all major issues (carbon, water, biodiversity, health, etc.). Driven by the same fundamental values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and compensation, enabling organizations to use the climate as a real lever for performance and innovation.
As we are a fast-growing organization, new profiles are joining us each year in the different centers of expertise. We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager to join the R&D Department.
If you have a desire to become an actor of change, and wish to seek experience in a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you!
Manager / Senior Manager Marchés Carbone et Nouveaux Mécanismes
Reporting to : R&D Director
As a Manager/Senior Manager, you will be assigned to the R&D Department, where you will contribute to the development of activities related to carbon markets and new mechanisms.
You will focus on the development and implementation of new EcoAct services addressing future markets, in particular:
- National carbon markets ;
- Domestic offset projects ;
- Post-2020 climate regime under the Paris Agreement, and in particular article 6
- Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA)
- Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD);
- Other environmental markets (ecosystem services – water, biodiversity, etc.)
The intervention subjects and the fields of application are highly varied. This description includes the main duties, without being limitative.
Specific responsibilities of the position are:
- contribute to EcoAct strategic thinking and positioning on new carbon market developments
- participate in national and international working groups on relevant areas
- contribute to the development of new offers and pilot the launch of new products and services on a daily basis: business plan, human and financial resources, etc.
- support and advise clients in the areas concerned by proposing creative and innovative solutions (both technical and marketing expertise)
- contribute to EcoAct’s visibility through presentations at conferences and article writing.
The success of the mission will build on a good coordination with the other services of the Company.
- Master level in climate/energy/environmental sciences or related field, ideally PhD
- Minimum 5 years of experience in carbon/environmental markets
- Knowledge of international climate policy and domestic climate policy processes
- Knowledge of sustainability standards and certification, and/or experience in the energy
- Strong analytical skills
- Autonomy and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity
- Team player
- Knowledge of R&D project management
- Excellent writing and communication skills, both in French and English
- Genuine interest for sustainability issues
- Willingness to travel
- Job available immediately
- Localisation : Based in Paris, business trips worldwide
- Remuneration: on the basis of the employee’s professional experience and profile