Established in 2005, EcoAct is a group of companies bringing together more than 110 experts. Located in France (Paris, Lyon, Montpellier and Toulouse), the United States (New York), UK (London) and Kenya (Nairobi and Embu) in addition to a network of dedicated consultants in Africa, Latin America and Asia. EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate strategy, addressing all major issues (carbon, water, biodiversity, health, etc.). Driven by the same values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and offsetting, enabling organizations to make climate action a driver of performance and innovation.
As we are a fast-growing organization, new profiles are joining us each year in the different centers of expertise. We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team of experts to manage and execute various consulting assignments. If you have a desire to become an actor of change, and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you!
TITLE : Finance Manager (w/m)
DEPARTMENT: Competence Center
As a Finance Manager, you will be assigned to the Competence Center, where you will carry out business development and various consultancy assignments, mainly related to the recommendations of the FSB’s TCFD, the article 173 of the Energy Transition Act, but also the carbon strategy, energy policies, CSR, eco-innovation approaches, carbon offsetting, project development and/or marketing strategy and communication to both national and international clients.
Your work will be multidisciplinary and in collaboration with different experts on intellectually demanding assignments, enabling you to advise high-level actors (management of large companies, management committees, leaders of NGOs and international institutions, governments and public decision-makers). On an operational level, you will also interact at all levels of EcoAct.
Facilitate the commercial development of the sector(s)
- Be familiar with the challenges, issues and regulations of the Finance sector
- Participate in the commercial strategy development of the sector
- Build, develop and sustain client relationships: institutional investors and asset managers
- Analyse clients’ investments, needs and propose appropriate solutions
- Contribute actively to client proposals preparation and direct prospecting approaches
- Participate in national or international professional events
- Manage trading partners
- Manage the development of new offers from the company
- Collaborate in customer awareness training courses on the various issues addressed.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction (relationship management, conflict management, etc.),
- Propose strategies to optimize clients’ investments while taking into account climate change challenges and energy transition
- Participate in the discussion of clients’ asset allocation (sell, buy) taking into account portfolio goals, regulatory constraints and the best investment opportunities highlighted by the financial analysis resulting from climate change considerations.
Managing the missions of its sector(s)
- Define the project team and organization with the project manager (RACI, planning, budget allocation…)
- Project management to implement projects on behalf of key clients
- Support and advise clients by proposing creative and innovative solutions, both in terms of technical expertise and marketing
- Manage missions in project mode by guaranteeing customer satisfaction and performance Cost / Quality / Delays
- Participate in large-scale multidisciplinary projects
Participate in the scientific, technical and regulatory intelligence gathering
Collaborate with EcoAct’s Research and Development Team, contribute to studies and development of research projects
- Master level in Economy and Finance
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in financial market, corporate finance or asset management acquired within a specialized consulting firm, financial or banking institution.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, and institutional investors, in addition to experience in managing (or advising) the assets of an investor or institution, such as a mutual or pension fund.
- In-depth knowledge of financial instruments: debt securities, bonds, equities, UCITS, etc. and you are familiar with investment environments and investment vehicles.
- Familiar with the Energy Transition Law and particularly the content of Article 173 as well as the related evaluation methodologies.
- Beyond technical skills, you have a command of the sales approach with proven demonstration of good customer relations with a strong motivation to develop new business.
Values and Qualities
- Knowledge of Financial product
- Ability to anticipate
- Genuine interest for sustainability issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills, both in French and English
- Job available immediately
- Localisation : Based in Paris – travel in France and abroad
- Salary: Competitive salary based on professional experience and profile.