Align your low-carbon strategy with Science Based Targets
Objective: develop your low-carbon strategy through ambitious objectives, in line with the 2°C target (Science Based Targets) and obtain a real competitive advantage over your competitors.
Science Based Targets: reduction objectives in line with the 2°C target
Launched in 2015, the Science Based Targets initiative is a joint project of the CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project), the Global Compact, the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wide Fund ( WWF). It encourages businesses to set targets for the reduction of their carbon footprint, in line with scientific recommendations to keep the worldwide increase in temperature below the threshold of 2°C.
Companies play a key role in the economy’s low-carbon transition. And although more and more businesses are already measuring their greenhouse gas emissions and defining their low-carbon strategy, we now need to go further, by setting reduction targets that are equal to the climate challenge.
The 2°C strategy: comprehensive and tailor-made support in defining and deploying your low-carbon strategy
Our 2°C Strategy guarantees you:
- Assistance at each stage of your low-carbon strategy, from a critical analysis of your current approach to managing your action plan;
- A methodology adapted to your organisation’s specific characteristics and strategy, to make your low-carbon transition a real competitive advantage.
Our programme includes:
- A critical review of your current climate / carbon strategy;
- Selection of the most relevant Science Based Targets methodology in view of your activities and your strategy;
- Definition of reduction objectives in line with the 2°C target;
- Approval of your reduction objectives by the general secretariat of the Science Based Targets Initiative;
- The definition, deployment and management of your action plan to achieve these objectives,
We will help you define and deploy your low-carbon strategy, in line with the 2°C target and your organisation’s strategy.
Do you need advice on defining your 2°C strategy?
Submit your requirements or your project to us to set up your organisation’s transition. One of our experts will contact you within 24 hrs, after receipt of your request.
Why EcoAct ?
For more than 10 years, EcoAct experts have been developing and implementing climate and carbon strategies at the international level, in order to make taking account of climate change a real driver of performance. Driven from the beginning by true trailblazing spirit, we became interested very early on in the Science Based Targets initiative. Today, the EcoAct Group combines a unique set of skills to help you set reduction objectives in line with the 2°C target, rigorously and effectively:
- In-depth technical expertise on methodologies for calculating carbon footprints in France and abroad;
- Complete mastery of the seven methodologies chosen by the Science Based Targets Initiative, developed through several assignments assisting businesses in this initiative;
- Skills in IT development to facilitate and ensure the longevity of your low-carbon strategy.