UK Team Assistant (Finance) London, UK
About us/the role
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value. EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Team Assistant who will contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of UK finance and office operations.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The Team Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive financial administration support, as well as assisting our busy Operations Team with office administration support.
The list below covers the key capabilities that will be required:
• Previous experience working in an Administrator/ Team Assistant/ Business Support role or similar, and ideally you will have experience assisting a Finance department and/or have an interest in developing a career within Finance;
• You will have experience of working within professional services;
• Strong office administration experience is essential;
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, namely Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Numerical capability and basic knowledge of accounting processes;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• The ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks, assignments and responsibilities simultaneously;
• Communication skills: the ability to speak and present information convincingly and with confidence to a variety of stakeholders, from new joiners to senior managers;
• Spoken and written fluency in English. Spoken and written fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage;
• An approachable and friendly manner;
• An interest in environmental sustainability.
Key Responsibilities within Finance:
• Supporting the Finance Manager in delivering processes and services;
• Full training will be provided in using Xero accounting system to ensure the Team Assistant becomes an expert Xero user;
• Finance administration including but not limited to creating invoices and liaising with
the Advisory team to ensure invoices raised are sent out in a timely manner to
• Managing aged payables and credit control;
• Reconciling bank account and credit card statements;
• Managing bills to be paid by using automatic invoice scanning software (Receiptbank)
and approval software (ApprovalMax);
• Setting up EcoAct’s weekly payment run and liaising with Senior Stakeholders to
ensure the run is authorised;
• Assist in operating our ERP (currently Workflow Max, aka Xero Practice Manager)
including setting up new joiners on the system;
• Assist in the preparation of VAT returns and filing with HMRC each quarter;
• Preparing and submitting monthly EC Sales Lists;
• Reconciling internal documents to Xero;
• Providing the Finance Manager monthly reporting assistance;
• Handling internal and external finance/ invoicing queries.
Key Responsibilities within General Operations:
• Supporting the Office Manager and HR team with ad hoc and administrative tasks;
• Providing administration and organisational support to ensure the successful delivery
of the Operations function and successful running of the general office;
• Assisting the Office Manager with posting duties;
• Liaising with suppliers;
• Supporting the Operations Team with Health and Safety initiatives as required;
• Providing cover when the Office Manager is on annual leave;
• Answering the door and telephone.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Team Assistant will be required to work closely with all members of the Operations team, as well as support the wider Consultancy team with Finance and general office matters. Over time you will develop relationships with overseas offices and external service providers.
The role will be based in our central London office (Kings Cross). You will have the flexibility
to work from home but must be able to be office based at least 50% of the time due to
the key requirements of the role.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Type of Employment
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.