About the role
EcoAct, an Atos company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
Our consultants in the North American team help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. Our consultants in the North American team, both in Canada and the USA, help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. The mission of a Senior Consultant is to develop and deliver intelligent sustainability solutions for our clients, which help make sense of the challenges presented by a changing client. The Senior Consultant will contribute to our overall consultancy function and take responsibility for managing and delivering a range of carbon and sustainability projects.
Essential background characteristics include:
- Already have a successful track record in a similar capacity or have demonstrated outstanding success in a related role and be committed to a future career in a senior sustainability role
- Comfort with supporting the delivery and management of large business deals with private and publicly traded companies
- Able to demonstrate success in delivering projects in a consultative environment
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to managing successful, long-term client engagements
- Working knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
- Very high standards of written and verbal communication.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services. Project and/or line management experience of team members is preferred.
This role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items.
- Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, energy, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability, including risks and opportunities, mitigation, adaptation, strategy, science-based targets and scenario analysis
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060
- Working knowledge and experience of carbon accounting, carbon measurement techniques and calculation methods for Scopes 1, 2 and 3 and CR reporting software
- Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods
- Working knowledge of LCA
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis
- Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organizations address, manage and prepare against the impact of climate change
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops and peer benchmarking
- Excellent data handling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector
- Proven ability to develop strong and effective long-term client relationships, with a track-record of working effectively and confidently with client executives
- Strong commercial skills, with an ability to coordinate responses to proposals, sell and deliver to new and existing clients, as well as the ability to project manage and deliver on time within budget
- Proven ability to conduct resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff, and to monitor utilization levels to manage optimum project staffing as well as experience of line management/ mentoring.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, lead client workshops and represent EcoAct externally
- Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling, and well-structured documents and reports
Reporting to the Director of the Advisory Team, the Senior Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both Advisory and Business Development, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organizations.
The role is based in Canada (remote working).
Applicants must have authorization to work in Canada.
Type of Employment