Sales Support Executive London, UK
This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic graduate with an interest in sustainability who is looking to build a career in consulting sales.
Working with a high performing sales team the role requires a proactive and capable graduate to support the team to qualify and track leads, prepare proposals in line with client requirements and follow-up through to closure.
The successful candidate requires an ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone with experienced company and client contacts.
Support sales team members, administer the company CRM and provide sales data, manage campaigns, review and qualify leads, administer renewals, manage meetings.
Sales support and administration
Proposal writing and tender support
- Assist sales and consulting team to respond to tenders and proposals
- Upon submission of each proposal/tender, enter sales data into the company CRM (Salesforce) and confirm next steps
- Maintain the library of content, images and case studies to support effective and efficient proposal writing
- Working with the sales team, identify areas for improvement and action accordingly
- Support sales team members and consulting team in pitches and presentations
- Supporting all staff in sales activities including making client and prospective client contact whenever appropriate.
Lead Generation and Follow-up / Manage Campaigns
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that leads generated online are followed up and called
- To ensure that marketing qualified leads (MQLs) generated from all online and offline marketing activities are called and follow up
- To ensure that sales qualified leads (SQLs) are transitioned to the relevant internal EcoAct sales person and /or consultant.
- Tracking new and existing opportunities and maintaining records of the overall sales pipeline within the company CRM (Salesforce)
- Tracking and chasing progress on all opportunities from identification through to sale win/loss
- Preparing regular sales pipeline reporting, and sales performance information using Salesforce
- Preparing management and sales team data
- Identifying new functionality in Salesforce to drive improvement.
- Working with the sales team to identify all renewal opportunities and ensure that responsibility is allocated to the correct sales team and advisory team members
- Follow-up with client contacts to manage process, set-up appointments, gather additional information and track progress towards closure of the opportunity
- To prepare the data and agenda for all internal sales meetings
- Ensure that all sales people (including senior sales people submit their data ahead of time)
- Minute and distribute actions from sales meetings.
At the appropriate time, the successful candidate will manage their own clients, initially supported by a senior team member.
- Confident self presentation and a comfort with sales (we do not require sales experience at this stage though any previous experience would be useful).
- Good telephone manner and able to deal effectively with clients on the telephone and in person.
- Good writing skills demonstrated by the ability to compose professional emails and content
- Numerate and able to understand and report sales and performance information.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and independently.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to “go the extra mile” to help deliver results and meet deadlines.
- A willingness to learn and humility.
- Initiative and resilience
Reporting in the first instance to the Senior Account Manager, the Sales Support Executive will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team, particularly senior management, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and prospective clients as required.
The role will be based in our central London office.