Sales Support Executive UK
About us / the role
EcoAct is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to implement positive change in response to climate and carbon challenges. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
Founded in Paris in 2005, EcoAct now has offices in 5 countries and over 170 team members globally. We are looking to expand the UK Business Development Team with the addition of a Sales Support Executive.
This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic graduate with a passion for sustainability who is looking to build a career in consulting sales. Working with a high performing sales team the role requires a proactive and capable graduate to support the team to qualify and track leads, prepare proposals in line with client requirements and follow-up through to closure. The successful candidate requires an ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone with experienced company and client contacts.
Support sales team members; administer the company CRM and provide sales data; manage campaigns; review and qualify leads; administer renewals; manage meetings.
Sales support and administration
Proposal writing and tender support
- Assist sales and consulting team to respond to tenders and proposals
- Upon submission of each proposal/tender, enter sales data into the company CRM (Salesforce) and confirm next steps
- Maintain the library of content, images and case studies to support effective and efficient proposal writing
- Working with the sales team, identify areas for improvement and action accordingly
- Support sales team members and consulting team in pitches and presentations
- Supporting all staff in sales activities including making client and prospective client contact whenever appropriate
- Willingness to cold call and follow up inbound leads.
Lead Generation and Follow-up / Manage Campaigns
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that leads generated online are followed up and called
- To ensure that marketing qualified leads (MQLs) generated from all online and offline marketing activities are called and follow up
- To ensure that sales qualified leads (SQLs) are transitioned to the relevant internal EcoAct sales person and /or consultant.
- Tracking new and existing opportunities and maintaining records of the overall sales pipeline within the company CRM (Salesforce)
- Tracking and chasing progress on all opportunities from identification through to sale win/loss
- Preparing regular sales pipeline reporting, and sales performance information using Salesforce
- Preparing management and sales team data
- Identifying new functionality in salesforce to drive improvement.
- Working with the sales team to identify all renewal opportunities and ensure that responsibility is allocated to the correct sales team and advisory team members
- Follow-up with client contacts to manage process, set-up appointments, gather additional information and track progress towards closure of the opportunity
- To prepare the data and agenda for all internal sales meetings
- Ensure that all sales people (including senior sales people submit their data ahead of time)
- Minute and distribute actions from sales meetings.
- At the appropriate time, the successful candidate will manage their own clients, initially supported by a senior team member.
- Confident self-presentation and a comfort with sales (we do not require sales experience at this stage though any previous experience would be useful)
- Good telephone manner and able to deal effectively with clients on the telephone and in person
- Strong writing skills demonstrated by the ability to compose professional emails and content
- Numerate and able to understand and report sales and performance information
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- A strong team player
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to “go the extra mile” to help deliver results and meet deadlines
- A willingness to learn and humility
- Initiative and resilience
- Ambition to have a successful career in Sustainability and Business Development. Success in this role will lead to career progression within the EcoAct Business Development Career Framework.
Reporting in the first instance to the Associate Sales Director, the Sales Support Executive will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team, particularly senior management, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and prospective clients as required.
The role will be based in our central London office.
Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in the UK.
Type of Employment
The deadline for submitting your application is close of business on Friday, 20th March 2020.
Please apply by submitting your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via our website