R&I Expert: Climate Corporate Actions Paris, France
Established in 2005, EcoAct is a group of companies bringing together more than 130 experts, located in France (Paris, Lyon, Montpellier and Toulouse), the United States (New York), UK (London and Bristol), Spain (Barcelona) and Kenya (Nairobi and Embu) in addition to a network of dedicated consultants in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate strategy, and related sustainability issues (water, biodiversity, health, gender, etc.). Driven by the same values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and offsetting, enabling organizations to make climate action a driver of performance and innovation.
As we are a fast-growing organization, new individuals are joining us each year in the different centers of expertise. We are currently looking for a Research & Innovation Expert to join our team to manage our R&I function, generating exciting new insights, products and innovations. If you have a desire to become an actor of change, and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you!
TITLE: R&I Expert, Climate Corporate actions
DEPARTMENT: Research & Innovation
The Consultant/expert will join the Research & Innovation department and will contribute to all activities related to carbon neutrality and climate corporates actions at the group level. He/she will develop and implement the research and innovation strategy to produce publications and to build new offers and projects for our clients, through market intelligence activities, research and innovation production and the delivery of technical capacity building sessions.
- Coordinate and conduct research and innovation projects, in line with the group global R&I strategy (France, UK, Spain, US) and with external partners, including research notes, methodology development, innovation opportunities assessments, …
- Provide technical/market intelligence through research/innovation watch process on the following specific issues related with climate corporates actions: carbon neutrality strategy for corporates and local authorities, climate actions within corporate values chains (GHG emission reduction, energy management, transition risks analysis).
- Participate to identify, evaluate and develop new products & services in developing tools for corporates.
- Produce publications related to climate corporates actions to support to the development of new offerings.
- Promote EcoAct expertise to the Climate community and through business networks
- Provide technical support to the sales team on your expertise, through capacity-building activities.
- Develop R&I partnerships and external fundraising for R&I projects.
- Contribute to the reporting of research activities to internal and external funders
- Strong expertise
- Future focused
- Strong analytical skills and rigor
- Capacity to work on a broad range of climate-related issues
- Able to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Innovative thinker with interest in exploring new methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of R&I project management
- Excellent writing and communication skills, both in French and English
- Genuine interest in sustainability issues
- Customer centric
- Knowledge in impact measurement and audit would be a plus
- Knowledge in digital tools (data management, blockchain) would be a plus
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of experience in the sustainable development sector
- Education: Master’s degree in engineering or economics background (double degree being a plus)
- Fluent in French and in English, another language being a plus
- First experience in corporate position, or knowledge of business operation would be a plus
- International experience would be a plus
If you have any questions or are interested in applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.