EcoAct is an international climate consultancy and project developer that supports companies to set robust science-aligned net-zero strategies and achieve their climate targets. Founded in France in 2005, the company now spans three continents with offices in Paris, London, Barcelona, New York, Montreal, Munich, Milan, and Kenya.
With a team of more than 300 international climate experts, EcoAct’s core purpose is to lead the way in delivering sustainable business solutions that deliver true value for both climate and client. EcoAct is a CDP Gold Partner, a founding member of ICROA, a strategic partner in the implementation of the Gold Standard for the Global Goals and reports to the UN Global Compact.
At EcoAct we are a diverse bunch of people all driven by the same purpose – to tackle the world’s environmental challenges. It might be our job, but it is also our personal passion.
About the role
The mission of the Principal Consultant is to contribute to the development of our Business Advisory Team within Northern Europe, to add value to our clients by developing and delivering intelligent sustainability solutions that help make sense of the environmental landscape and the challenges presented by a changing climate.
The Principal Consultant will be tasked with the ongoing development of our Service Lines and offerings and be responsible for contributing to the business plan and hitting revenue and profitability targets.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of the Advisory Team by focussing both internally and externally. Internally, they will develop the breadth, depth and quality of our service offering and help develop the capability of the team to deliver them. Externally, they will drive revenue and market share with existing clients while developing new clients and sectors. This will require certain demonstrable technical and non-technical skills identified below.
Our Principal Consultants work across all EcoAct Service Lines to:
· Lead strategic projects with large corporate clients to build and implement ambitious carbon reduction programmes that enable clients to achieve their Net Zero commitments.
· Consult on the leadership and management of change initiatives, communications, training and other support programs that will effectively prepare client staff and EcoAct employees to perform optimally.
· Manage teams, including mentoring and training staff.
· Report on internal service line performance and support technical leads.
You will have:
· Significant depth and breadth of experience of delivering carbon and sustainability services to clients, particularly supporting the delivery and management of large business deals with FTSE 100 clients.
· Experience of working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector.
· Detailed knowledge of carbon accounting, compliance, measurement techniques and calculation methods for Scopes 1 and 2 and Scope 3 categories.
· Experience in the use and implementation of carbon reporting software.
· Knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, including TCFD Framework, risks and opportunities, Climate Scenario Analysis and adaptation.
· Understanding of corporate sustainability strategies, target setting (science-based) and reduction plans.
· Understanding of energy and environmental legislative requirements, including ESOS, MCPD, EU / UK ETS.
· Understanding of energy management principles and experience of energy auditing and implementation of energy efficiency projects.
· Experience of supply chain engagement including assessment, management, assurance & audit.
· Knowledge of carbon markets and offsetting mechanisms.
· Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops and peer benchmarking.
· Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and indices such as CDP, FSTE4Good, SASB, GRI and DJSI
Reporting to the Head of Advisory, the Principal Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and commercial, to achieve company objectives.
The role is based in the UK with a flexible blend of home and office working. The role requires attendance at the London head office as necessary for business purposes.
Salary and Benefits
EcoAct know how important it is to look after our colleagues. As well as a competitive salary, EcoAct offers a comprehensive benefits package including a flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, life insurance, professional subscriptions plus the option to opt into a range of individual and family benefits.
EcoAct offers great opportunities for your personal development and career advancement. We offer a structured career development path with clear timelines and expectations for progression.
Working with our dedicated team of experts, you will gain a high standard of skills development and expertise, starting with our in-depth induction programme, through to ongoing technical training and an extensive range of learning and development opportunities.
Company culture is of great importance to us and is something that every member of EcoAct helps to create. Our colleague led initiative, which represents the three pillars of Colleagues, Community and Environment, runs numerous activities including, Veggie lunches, volunteering and fund-raising opportunities, wellbeing activities, plastic reduction and energy saving initiatives, social and sports events.
Employee well-being is a key priority for us, and we recognise the importance of work-life balance and how EcoAct can be supportive of individual needs; working from home, working part-time or flexible start and finish times can all be accommodated. If this sounds like you, please let us know during your application process.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Type of Employment
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the following email address: email@example.com.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.