About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value. EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
What is a Portfolio & Partnerships Manager’s mission?
Carbon offset, carbon neutrality and net zero are gaining momentum in all our geographical areas. The voluntary market is growing rapidly as well as the demand for voluntary offsetting. On the compliance side, regional and sectorial regulations are escalating as well. Project development is a demand from the market and we are seeing a growing interest in carbon sinks.
As a fast-growing organization, new profiles are constantly joining us in the different business units. We are currently looking for a Portfolio and Partnerships Manager within the Nature Based Solutions Business Unit, focused on sourcing high quality carbon offsets and identifying new project development opportunities, with a view to manage and execute various assignments described below.
If you have a desire to become an actor for change and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you.
Portfolio and Partnerships Manager, Nature Based Solutions Business Unit
Existing and new partnerships for securing Offset and other environmental assets
- Understand, identify and relay local needs and demands for carbon offsets
- Identify and know the characteristics of the stakeholders evolving in EcoAct’s ecosystem
- Set up or reinforce strategic partnerships with project developers/owners/stakeholders with a view to enrich our portfolio and secure on the long-term the sourcing of carbon Offset and environmental assets
- Identify, develop and manage with its team the carbon credits portfolio (sourcing)
- Identify new carbon offset project development opportunities in its Geography
- Manage closely relationship with project holders and develop a network of suppliers
- Purchase and negotiate directly with sellers
- Undertake and oversee initial and regular due diligence assessments on desk (risk assessment) and on site (site visit), followed by regular updates
- Collection, centralization and storage of project information, prices ranges, vintages, contacts, contracts (MoU, Term Sheets, Cooperation agreements, VERPAs, etc)
- Actively support sales and business development to close deals for customers (contribute to tenders, offers, customer visits and presentation, customized solution…)
- Development and support for communication and marketing material to staff and clients
Required competencies for the position
- Academic background: Business School or University. Specialization on sustainable development or climate policy is a plus
- Good relationship capabilities
- Good negotiation skills
- Rigorous and organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Curious (exploring new high impact opportunities through all nature-based solutions)
- Collaborative, Expert, Future focused, Engaged
- Team spirit
- 3 to 5-year experience in sustainability and climate change
- First-hand experience around carbon offset is a plus.
- Ability to work with databases and numbers
- Fluent in English – speaking French is a plus, Spanish as well
Location and Reporting
- Position is based in London within EcoAct UK Office
- Reporting to the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships – NBS Business Unit (Paris based)
Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in the UK.
Type of Employment
The deadline for submitting your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via our form below.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.