About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social, and environmental value. EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
What is the Portfolio & Partnerships Manager’s objective?
Carbon offset, carbon neutrality, and net zero initiatives are gaining momentum in all geographies where we have presence. The voluntary market is growing rapidly as well as the demand for voluntary offsetting. On the compliance side, regional and sectorial regulations are also increasing. Project development demand is growing, specifically with carbon sequestration and removals.
As a fast-growing organization, we are currently looking for a Portfolio and Partnerships Manager within the Nature Based Solutions Business Unit. This role will focus on sourcing high quality carbon offsets and identifying new project development opportunities in addition to the management and execution of the various responsibilities as described below.
If you have a desire to become an actor for change and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you.
Portfolio and Partnerships Manager, Nature Based Solutions Business Unit
The P&P NBS Manager is in charge of enriching the Carbon Offset portfolio of EcoAct with Best-In-Class projects and qualitative environmental assets. The key responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to the development of EcoAct’s innovative global carbon offset portfolio of projects. These projects will be sourced with partners worldwide but with a strong focus on North American Projects
- Under the supervision of the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships, develop new and reinforce long-term strategic partners
- Engage historical partners and new project developers to discuss availability, quality level, and price of environmental projects and assets to enrich EcoAct’s Portfolio
- When necessary, travel abroad to visit and perform due diligence on newly identified projects
- Report directly to the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships for the Nature-Based Solutions Business-Unit on progress on discussions with partners and projects developers
- Assist business development teams during the sales process when necessary, especially on marketing and communication materials or commercial offers preparation
- Understand, identify and relay local needs and demands for carbon offsets to NBS Team, in order to enrich North-America and global NBS Strategy
- Identify and know the characteristics of the stakeholders evolving in EcoAct’s ecosystem
- Closely manage relationships with project holders and develop a network of suppliers
- Manage the negotiation and purchase of carbon offsets from project holders
- Regularly perform and coordinate due diligence assessments both with desk research and on-site, followed by regular updates
- Collection, centralization, and storage of project information, price ranges, vintages, contacts, contracts (MoU, Term Sheets, Cooperation agreements, VERPAs, etc)
- Actively support sales and business development to close deals with customers (contribute to tenders, offers, customer visits and presentations, customized solution…)
- Develop communication and marketing material to be used by staff and clients
Required competencies for the position
- Academic background: Bachelors degree and/or Masters degree (specialization in sustainable development or climate policy is a plus)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Rigorous and organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Curious (exploring new high impact opportunities through all nature-based solutions)
- Collaborative, Expert, Future-focused, Engaged
- Team spirit
- 3 to 5-years’ professional experience in sustainability and climate change
- First-hand experience around carbon offsets a plus (carbon credits brokerage)
- Experience in carbon project development and carbon projects certification is a plus
- Knowledge of carbon offsetting standards (VCS, GS, ACR, CAR…) is ideal
- Good skills in managing databases
- Fluent in English – speaking French and/or Spanish is a plus
Location and Reporting
- The position is based in New York City at the EcoAct US Office
- Reporting to the Head of Portfolio and Partnerships – NBS Business Unit (Paris based)
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via the form below.