EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance, delivering economic, social and environmental value.
At EcoAct we are a diverse bunch of people all driven by the same purpose – to tackle the world’s environmental challenges. It might be our job but it is also our personal passion.
Our Advisory Team of Consultants help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. Our service offering includes a suite of interventions that form the basis of our A to Zero go to market strategy, carefully designed to support each stage of the corporate Net Zero journey.
With a significant increase in Net Zero commitments by corporates we are seeing a significant increase in demand. The role of the Principal Consultant is to support the continued development of our Net Zero service offering within the Northern America Business Advisory Team working with colleagues cross the global Net Zero Transformation (NZT) practice.
The Managing Consultant will be closely involved in all aspects of work both internal and external. Internally, they will develop the breadth, depth and quality of our service offering and help develop the capability of the team to deliver them. Externally, they will drive revenue and market share with existing clients while developing new clients and sectors. The Managing Consultant will be responsible for contributing to the business plan and hitting revenue and profitability targets.
Our Managing Consultants:
- Lead strategic projects with large corporate clients to build and implement ambitious carbon reduction programs that enable clients to achieve their Net Zero commitments.
- Consult on the leadership and management of change initiatives, communications, training and other support programs that will effectively prepare client staff and EcoAct employees to perform optimally.
- Manage teams, including mentoring and training staff.
- Report on internal service line performance and support technical leads
Professional Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services in the following areas:
- Significant depth and breadth of experience of delivering carbon and sustainability services to clients. You will be comfortable with supporting the delivery and management of large business deals with Fortune & Global 500 clients.
- Experience of working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector.
- Detailed knowledge of carbon accounting, measurement techniques and calculation methods for Scopes 1 and 2 and Scope 3 categories.
- Knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, including but not limited to climate-related risks and opportunities and climate Scenario Analysis.
- Understanding of corporate sustainability strategies, target setting (science-based) and reduction plans
- Experience of supply chain engagement including assessment, management, assurance & audit.
- Knowledge of carbon markets and offsetting mechanisms.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops and peer benchmarking.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and indices such as CDP, TCFD, SASB, GRI and DJSI
- Direct line management experience of team members
- Experience in developing / refining new portfolio offerings to clients in line with our expertise
We also recognize the importance of work-life balance and how EcoAct can be supportive of individual needs. If working from home, working part-time or flexible start and finish times will help with this, please let us know as part of your application.
Reporting to the Director of the Advisory Team, the Managing Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both Advisory and Business Development, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
The role will be based in our New York City office, however remote working will be considered.
Applicants must have authorization to work in USA.
Type of Employment
Environmental consultancy jobs at EcoAct connect a network of passionate, motivated and inspiring individuals working every day for our planet’s future. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the following email address: email@example.com.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.