Graduate Analyst London, UK
About us/the role
EcoAct are an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
Our Analysts help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. They help them to understand their carbon footprints and then go beyond measurement to create achievable management plans and to communicate their achievements.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The Analyst role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
- Knowledge of climate change, energy, and greenhouse gas emissions, likely gained through a degree in a related subject.
- Commitment to help businesses deploy a range of tools to reduce net emissions, including energy efficiency, behaviour change and carbon offsetting.
- Awareness of carbon accounting frameworks, e.g. ISO 14064, PAS 2050, GHG Protocol.
- Basic knowledge of business concepts and terminology.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Spoken and written fluency in English. Spoken and written fluency in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to produce well-presented, error-free results.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
- Some experience of working on client engagements, preferably demonstrated through actual client engagements, placements or internships.
- Awareness of limitations in one’s own knowledge and willingness to seek help to address those gaps.
Reporting to Senior and Principal Consultants within our Advisory Team, the Analyst will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and commercial, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships will be an important part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
The role will be based in our central London office. However, the successful applicant may be required to travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Type of Employment
The deadline for submitting your application is close of business on Thursday 21st February 2019. Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive for our Graduate/Analyst roles, we are not able to respond to all applications directly. Therefore, if you have not heard from us by Friday, 1st March 2018, you have not been selected for the next stage of the recruitment process which will involve an Assessment Day at our offices in London.
The next Assessment Day for shortlisted candidates will be Monday 11th March 2019 at 10am. If you are not able to attend on this date, please state this clearly on your application and we will keep your application on file for the next Assessment Day which will take place later in 2019.
For this particular role, please apply via the email above. Thank you and good luck!