EcoAct UK Consultant (LCA Focus) London, UK
About us/the role
EcoAct are an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
Our Consultants help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. They help them to understand their carbon footprints and then go beyond measurement to create achievable management plans and to communicate their achievements.
As part of a team, our new Consultant will contribute to our overall consultancy function and take responsibility for managing and delivering a range of sustainability related projects with a strong focus on delivering product carbon footprints and Life Cycle Assessment.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services. This role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
• Experience in conducting product carbon footprints and Life Cycle Assessments;
• Good working knowledge of LCA software such as GaBi;
• Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050);
• Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change and sustainability;
• Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods; Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis;
• Excellent data handling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel;
• Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements;
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, lead client workshops and represent EcoAct externally;
• Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports;
• Strong commercial skills, with an ability to project manage and deliver on time within budget;
• Ability to conduct resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff, and to monitor utilisation levels to manage optimum project staffing;
• Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business;
• Developing intellectual and commercial assets within the Company, with a focus on continuous improvement;
• Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting or stakeholder engagements in the private sector (non-essential requirement);
Reporting to a senior member of the Advisory Team, the Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and sales, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organisations.
The role will be based in our central London office. However, the successful applicant will be required to travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Type of Employment
Please use the form to upload your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.