EcoAct Project Development Expert, Nature-Based Solutions Paris, France
Established in 2005, EcoAct is a group of companies bringing together more than 110 experts and 40 operational people. Located in France (Paris, Lyon, Montpellier), the United States (New York), the United Kingdom (London), Spain (Barcelona) and Kenya (Nairobi and Embu) in addition to a network of dedicated consultants in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
EcoAct assists companies and territories in the definition and implementation of their climate and carbon neutral strategy, addressing all major issues (carbon, water, biodiversity, health, etc.). Driven by the same fundamental values, our experts develop strategies for mitigation, adaptation and compensation, enabling organizations to use the climate as a real lever for performance and innovation.
Offset/carbon, neutrality/net zero are gaining momentum in all geographical areas. On the voluntary market, we see an international growing market and demand for offsetting. On the compliance side, regional and sectorial regulations are escalating (Colombia, California, CORSIA, article 6…). Project development is a demand from the market, and we assist to a growing interest in carbon sinks (forestry, tree planting, peatlands, agro, mangroves, technological sinks).
As we are a fast-growing organization, new profiles are joining us each year in the different centres of expertise. We are currently looking for a Director of Project Development focused on Offset and renewable energy with a view to manage and execute various assignments described below.
If you have a desire to become an actor for change and experience a dynamic and motivating working environment, then this position is for you!
Project Development Expert, Nature Based Solutions Business Unit
The Project Development Expert within the Nature Based Solutions BU is in charge of contributing to the current portfolio of projects developed by the Group (Hifadhi 1, Hifadhi 2 and Sudan) and developing new innovative field projects in line with the Group strategy (forestry, mangroves, cookstoves, boreholes, blue carbon, renewable energy etc). These projects will be developed worldwide, with local partners.
S/he is involved in the achievement of the projects’ objectives and deliverables (carbon credits, energy attribute certificates (EAC) or any other nature-based asset in the future).
S/he follows the necessary KPIs and appropriated tools, in collaboration with the Portfolio & Partnership team and the Process & Quality Consultant. S/he will implement periodic review of reporting and indicators.
S/he especially contributes to the development of a diversified portfolio of attractive projects which will allow EcoAct Group to invest in new high impact projects/nature-based assets to its customers. S/he will work closely with the Portfolio & Partnership team in order to establish new collaborations with appropriated project developers.
S/he contributes to the development of the team’s expertise and assists business development teams during the sales process when necessary.
Main responsibilities include:
S/he will work under the supervision of the Head of Project Development in order to :
Contribute to the development & management of a diversified portfolio of field projects
- Explore and study project development opportunities
- Countries: Brazil, Amazonia/Africa/countries where there is regulatory market
- Type: Forestry/Afforestation/REDD/Mangroves/ Agroforestry/Soil/Blue carbon
- Low financial exposure for EcoAct
- Using various models (Developer, sponsor, arranger…)
- Set up Business Plan for each opportunity, contribute to sustainable Business Models set up with partners and stakeholders
- Ensure the achievement of the projects’ objectives and deliverables (carbon credits, energy attribute certificates (EAC) or any other nature-based asset in the future).
- Follow the necessary KPIs and appropriated tools (MRV), in collaboration with the Portfolio & Partnership team, Consultant Process & Quality and the IT team
- Contribute to the follow-up of certain existing projects (Hifadhi 1, 2, Sudan) and work on the development of future new projects
- Take part in project development back-office activity: carbon methodologies, feasibility studies, validation and verification documents, PDD, POA, SDGs, etc
- Respect the group standards and procedures in the development of new projects
- Evaluate risks (technical, financial, regulatory…) and set up appropriate mitigated actions for the development of new projects
- Perform market watch, especially on the development of new carbon projects methodologies and standards evolutions.
This description describes the main responsibilities. The list is not exhaustive.
Required competencies for the position
- Rigorous and organized
- Experienced in offset/EAC project development
- Carbon finance expert: knowlegde of offset methodologies, market mechanisms, etc.
- Technical expertise in fields such as forestry, renewable energies…
- Collaborative, Expert, Future focused, Engaged
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in carbon offset project development: minimum of 5-6 years of expertise in carbon methodologies & offset, MRV, Climate change
- Fluent in French and in English, with Spanish being a bonus
- Position is Paris based
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Project Development Expert” in the subject line.