This role will be based in our central New York office. Remote working with periodic travel to the NYC office will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful applicants candidates will be required to travel within the US and internationally on assignment.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US by the start of their employment.
About us/the role
EcoAct, an Atos company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
Our Consultants help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. They help them to understand their carbon footprints and then go beyond measurement to create achievable management plans and to communicate their achievements.
As part of a team, our new Consultant will contribute to our overall consultancy function and take responsibility for managing and delivering a range of carbon and sustainability projects.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services.
This role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
• Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability; experience conducting independent GHG inventory verification/assurance a plus;
• Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060;
• Experience in conducting product carbon footprints and Life Cycle Assessments and LCA databases (e.g. GABI and EcoInvent) is preferable;
• Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods;
• Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies;
• Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organizations to address, manage and prepare against the impacts climate change;
• Understanding of legislative frameworks;
• Excellent data handling and visualization skills and advanced knowledge of Excel;
• Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software;
• Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
• Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector;
• Strong commercial skills, with an ability to develop proposals, project manage and deliver on time within budget;
• Developing intellectual and commercial assets within the Company, with a focus on continuous improvement;
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements;
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, lead client workshops and represent EcoAct externally;
• Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports;
• An ability to create networks of customers across existing and potential clients;
• Proven ability to conduct resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff, and to monitor utilization levels to manage optimum project staffing;
• Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business;
• An ability to see the ‘big picture’, as well as focus on the detail.
Reporting to the Director Advisory, USA , the Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and business development, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organizations.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.