Consultant New York, United States of America
About us/the role
EcoAct are an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
Our Consultants help our clients create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management. They help them to understand their carbon footprints and then go beyond measurement to create achievable management plans and to communicate their achievements.
As part of a team, our new Consultant will contribute to our overall consultancy function and take responsibility for managing and delivering a range of carbon and sustainability projects.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Attitudes
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services.
This role requires a wide variety of capabilities. The list below covers the main items;
- Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability; experience conducting independent GHG inventory verification/assurance a plus;
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060;
- Experience in conducting product carbon footprints and Life Cycle Assessments and LCA detabases (e.g. GABI and EcoInvent) is preferable;
- Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods;
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies;
- Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organizations to address, manage and prepare against the impacts climate change;
- Understanding of US legislative frameworks;
- Excellent data handling and visualization skills and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software;
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
- Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector;
- Strong commercial skills, with an ability to develop proposals, project manage and deliver on time within budget;
- Developing intellectual and commercial assets within the Company, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, lead client workshops and represent EcoAct externally;
- Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports;
- An ability to create networks of customers across existing and potential clients;
- Proven ability to conduct resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff, and to monitor utilization levels to manage optimum project staffing;
- Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business;
- An ability to see the ‘big picture’, as well as focus on the detail.
Reporting to the CEO of EcoAct North America, the Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and business development, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organizations.
The role will be based in our central New York office. However, the successful applicant will be required to travel within the US and internationally on assignment.
Applicants must have authorization to work in the US. Deadline for Applications is October 30th and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Type of Employment