Consultant, USA New York City, New York
EcoAct is an international sustainability consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organizations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. EcoAct North America counts many Global and Fortune 500 companies as key clients.
Awarded for the last 4 years as “Worldwide Best Advisory Service” by Environmental Finance and a Certified “Great Place to Work”, EcoAct prides itself on the stimulating, dynamic, and friendly work environment with an international and multi-competent team ready to engage on numerous development opportunities.
This opportunity is perfect for an individual who is goal oriented, creative, and takes initiative. We look forward to having this candidate join our international team of experts.
Knowledge / Skills / Attitudes: The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services.
- Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, energy, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability;
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants)
- Familiarity with Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods;
- Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting and reporting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis;
- Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organizations address, manage and prepare against the impacts of climate change;
- Excellent data handling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software;
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to produce well-presented, error-free results;
- Demonstrated experience working in client-oriented consulting in the private sector, understanding client needs and guiding them to an appropriate solution;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, client workshops and represent EcoAct externally;
- Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports;
- Strong commercial skills, with an ability to project manage and deliver on time within budget;
- An ability to create networks of customers across existing and potential clients;
- Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, international environment;
- An ability to see the ‘big picture’, as well as focus on the detail.
Relationships: Reporting to the CEO of EcoAct North America, the Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team (US and internationally based), both advisory and sales, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with project teams, clients, overseas offices, and representatives from partner organizations.
Location: The position will be based in our NYC office with travel within the United States required in additional to occasional international travel.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package in line with experience.
Language: English with fluency in a second language as a plus;
Type of Employment: Full-Time; All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send your resume with cover letter detailing how you meet the above qualifications as well as your available start date to email@example.com with the subject title “Application: Consultant, USA”.