Communications and Media Relations Manager London, UK
This is an exciting opportunity to join EcoAct, An Atos Company’s global Marketing and Communications Team. Based out of our London office, the Communications and Media Relations Manager will report to the Director of Global Communications and Marketing.
This role requires the individual to have a concise approach to communications and be client focused. The central requirement of the role is creating world class content for a range of activities including client delivery, client communications guidance and the media. The role requires exceptional writing skills and the ability to craft content. You will be comfortable advising clients on their communications strategies and explaining technical and complex issues with clarity for a variety of audiences.
Passionate about sustainability, you will bring imagination, resourcefulness and enthusiasm to the role and be at ease with conveying complex information. In order to succeed you must be a dynamic and proactive communications professional with the experience, confidence and knowledge to lead on media strategies and deliver client requirements. The role requires a team player with a track record of problem solving, creativity and delivery, who will want to get involved not only in the day to day activities but also share your expertise to participate in the development of the Company.
About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct is a world leading provider of carbon and energy management, and sustainability services. We partner with our clients to design, build and operate intelligent sustainability solutions to address their business challenges, helping them to compete and prosper in a low-carbon world. EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
Communications and media
- Building relationships with target media and maximize media coverage through compelling news stories and thought leadership
- Overseeing and developing creative content for media articles, blogs, social media, marketing
- Supporting global communications colleagues in developing and delivering marketing and communication plans in key markets (e.g. Europe, North America)
- Work alongside Marketing Managers on targeted marketing campaigns using all on and off-line channels including website, social media, digital, PR, events, marketing collateral, internal communications, advertising, conferences, events, content management and strategic partnerships
- Ensure all communications align with Atos Group global communications
- Act as brand guardian for EcoAct outputs.
- Work with the delivery team to advise clients on how to communicate their climate change commitments
- Advise on client media activities and crisis communications issues
- Work with the delivery team on specific projects for clients related to communications
- Contribute to sales team pitches and tenders for climate communications work
- Deliver regular reporting on client related activities
- Build internal and external networks and third-party relationships
- Support on strategic bids and pitch opportunities.
Due to the recent acquisition of EcoAct by Atos, you will be part of a team that is integrating within Atos and at the forefront of delivering strategic communications ambitions for the group.
- You must have writing and content development experience
- Experience of working on press campaigns, co-ordinating with media, communicating with journalists
- Experience of working in the environmental sustainability sector and the challenges faced by corporate communicating on their activities
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms and content marketing as a business development tool
- It is essential for this person to be able to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Experience in strategic marketing and business development campaign delivery
- Experience of marketing automation software and WordPress
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- French and/or Spanish language skills beneficial.
Reporting in the first instance to the Director of Global Communications and Marketing, the Communications Manager will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients, media, partners and prospects as required.
The role will be based in our central London office.
Type of Employment
Full time, temporary.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the form below.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.