About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to implement positive change in response to climate and carbon challenges. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
We are looking to expand the UK Commercial Team with the addition of a Business Development Executive. This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for sustainability who is looking to expand their career in consulting sales.
Roles and Responsibilities
The mission of the Business Development Executive is to sell and support the larger sales of EcoAct’s market leading services to our target client base, typically FTSE 100, 250, corporates or similar across the UK and the North Europe region. The role is comprised of the following core elements; generating leads and winning business; supporting BD team members in larger sales opportunities; growing existing client business through professional account management and administering the company CRM.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the Business Development team, working collaboratively with sales and consulting colleagues to support, prospect and close sales in line with team and personal targets.
Key responsibilities and deliverables are:
Lead Generation and Follow-up:
- Working closely with the BD and Marketing team to ensure that leads generated online are followed up and contacted
- Responsibility for developing relationships and arranging meetings with leading UK companies
- Working closely with the Marketing team, contacting and qualifying marketing qualified leads (MQLs) and following up with leads generated from all online Development and offline marketing activities
- Ensuring that sales qualified leads (SQLs) are transitioned to the relevant internal BD team member and /or Consultant
- Prospecting and identifying new business opportunities to existing and new customers through online and offline lead generation activities
Proposal Writing and Tender Support:
- Assist the BD and consulting team to respond to tenders and proposals
- Follow-up with client contacts to manage process, set-up appointments, gather additional information and track progress towards closure of the opportunity
- Support the BD team members and the consulting team in pitches and presentations
- Supporting all colleagues in sales activities including making client and prospective client contact whenever appropriate
- Assisting in the development of and maintaining a central repository of sales presentations, proposals, references, credentials, etc. for use in sales activities
- Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure future and repeat business through identification of new business opportunities that add value
- Initially supported by a senior team member, the Business Development Executive will manage their own clients
- Tracking new and existing opportunities and maintaining records of the overall sales pipeline within the company CRM (Salesforce)
- Tracking and chasing progress on all opportunities from identification through to sale win/loss
- Preparing regular sales pipeline reporting, and sales performance information using Salesforce
- Sales meetings: Set up and attend sales meetings. This will include attending meetings where the BDE is acting in a lead role and a supportive role
- Quality assurance and team support: Support BD and Advisory team members to achieve their own sales targets by contributing to and reviewing sales documentation, presentations, pitches etc.
- Continuous improvement: Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and improve sales collateral (proposals, presentations etc.)
- Customer feedback: Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required
- Self-management: Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets, and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings
- Collaboration: Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across the EcoAct Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts
- Relationships: Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationships with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation
- Feedback: Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/ opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate
Professional Background and Experience
Essential background characteristics include:
- Comfort with selling and demonstratable experience in supporting the sale of large business deals with FTSE 350 clients
- Able to demonstrate success or aptitude for selling in a consultative environment
- Preferably sales experience within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector
- Good telephone manner and able to deal effectively with clients on the telephone and in person
- Strong written skills demonstrated by the ability to compose professional emails and content
- Numerate and able to understand and report sales and performance information
- Confident self-presentation
- Active, hands-on approach with clients, not reluctant to cold call, travel and personally help colleagues’ close opportunities as necessary
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements
- Willingness to learn and a genuine passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to “go the extra mile” to help deliver results and meet deadlines
- Initiative and resilience
Personal Attributes and Values
The ideal candidate would possess the following key personal attributes:
- Embracing the company culture (CEFE values) and leading by example
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a driving desire to succeed in the market
- A strong team player with the ability to engage
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and execute
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally
- Personable, social, good at building internal relationships
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- High energy, competitive and hungry to win
- Additional languages would be welcome: German, Nordic languages and French.
Reporting in the first instance to the Associate Sales Director, the Business Development Executive will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team, particularly senior management, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are a key part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and prospective clients as required.
The role will be based in our central London office.
Type of Employment
Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in the UK.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the form below.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.