EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains. We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value. EcoAct has recently become part of Atos, a global leader in digital transformation.
The mission of the Business Development Executive is to sell and support the sales of EcoAct’s market leading services to our target client base, typically Fortune500 corporates or similar across the North America region. The role is comprised of the following core elements; generating leads and winning business; supporting BD team members in larger sales opportunities; growing existing client business through professional account management and administering the company CRM.
Part of this role will involve supporting clients to achieve long term carbon neutrality/Net Zero targets through the procurement of carbon credits from the voluntary carbon market. These carbon neutrality and net zero initaitives are gaining momentum in all geographies where we have presence and will be a huge area of growth moving forward. EcoAct has a Nature-Based Solutions team which consists of 25 consultants focused on sourcing carbon credits from best-in-class projects and developing carbon offset projects globally. The BDE will be in contact with NBS to develop carbon offset portfolios on at least a weekly basis with strong communication skills requried to ensure proposal deadlines are met.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the Business Development team, working collaboratively with sales consulting colleagues to support, prospect and close sales in line with team and personal targets.
Proposal Writing and Tender Support
• Assist the BD and consulting team to respond to tenders and proposals;
• Follow-up with client contacts to manage process, set-up appointments, gather
additional information and track progress towards closure of the opportunity;
• Support the BD team members and the consulting team in pitches and
• Supporting all colleagues in sales activities including making client and prospective
client contact whenever appropriate;
• Liase with the NBS team to develop tailored carbon offset portfolios based on
• Develop communication and marketing material to be used by staff and clients.
• Assisting in the development of and maintaining a central repository of sales
presentations, proposals, references, credentials, etc. for use in sales activities
• Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure future and repeat
business through identification of new business opportunities that add value;
• Initially supported by a senior team member, the Business Development Executive
will manage their own clients.
• Contact leads and set up calls with prospects that are interested in EcoAct’s Net
• Tracking new and existing opportunities and maintaining records of the overall
sales pipeline within the company CRM (Salesforce)
• Tracking and chasing progress on all opportunities from identification through to
• Preparing regular sales pipeline reporting, and sales performance information using
• Sales meetings: Set up and attend sales meetings. This will include attending
meetings where the BDE is acting in a lead role and a supportive role;
• Quality assurance and team support: Support BD and Advisory team members to
achieve their own sales targets by contributing to and reviewing sales
documentation, presentations, pitches etc.;
• Continuous improvement: Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and
improve sales collateral (proposals, presentations etc.);
• Support on Business Advisory (Carbon Footprnts, SBTi, etc.) proposals as needed;
• Customer feedback: Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high
quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required;
• Self-management: Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets,
and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings;
• Collaboration: Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across
the EcoAct Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an
integrated response to client needs/global accounts. Understand, identify and
relay local needs and demands for carbon offsets to NBS Team, in order to enrich
North-America and global NBS Strategy.
• Relationships: Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working
relationships with all other functions in the North America business and wider
• Feedback: Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/
opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate.
Reporting in the first instance to the Business Development Manager for NBS, the Business
Development Executive will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct
team, particularly the NBS team and senior management, to achieve Company objectives.
External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and
prospective clients as required.
• Academic background: Bachelors degree and/or Masters degree Specialization on
sustainable development or climate policy is a plus
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Rigorous and organized
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Collaborative, Expert, Future focused, Engaged
• Team spirit
• Individual drive and integrity
• 2 to 4-years’ professional experience in sustainability and climate change.
• A first experience around carbon offsets a plus (carbon credits brokerage)
• Good skills in managing databases
• Fluent in English – speaking French and/or Spanish is a plus
Location and Reporting
• Position is based in New York City at the EcoAct North America Office.
• Remote applications accepted.