Bid Manager London, UK
About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to implement positive change in response to climate and carbon challenges. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value. We are looking to expand the UK Business Development Team with the addition of a Bid Manager. This position would suit an individual with a desire to work in a competitive environment who can demonstrate very high levels of proactivity, initiative and drive.
Roles and Responsibilities
As corporate action to climate change becomes increasingly mainstream, we see an increasing number of RFPs (Requests for Proposal) and formal tendering processes for the provision of our consultancy and offsetting services. The mission of the Bid Manager is to act as the project leader in such bids, executing the process to develop an opportunity into a won contract. The Bid Manager is responsible for developing EcoAct’s response to formal tender opportunities, ensuring our submission complies with all stated requirements around timing, structure, assessment criteria, provision of supporting documentation, etc. to maximise our opportunity for being successful. In addition, the individual will support the Commercial Director to the coordinate bids and bid resources to ensure maximum utilisation of resources and maximum win probabilities.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the Business Development team, working collaboratively with business development and consulting colleagues to support EcoAct’s market leading services to our target client base, typically FTSE 100, 250, corporates or similar across the UK and the North Europe region.
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Contributing to the appropriate qualification of sales opportunities, with an emphasis on formal tender / RFP
- Orchestrating the development of a winning sales
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with clients, partners and
- Directing the development and production of a high-quality winning proposition in line with the agreed sales strategy. This includes written proposals, client presentations and commercial proposals.
- Leadership and direction of an extended bid team, to incorporate contributions from other team members across the
- End to end planning of bid activity from identification and pursuit through to negotiation, closure and handover to delivery & account management
- Defining and securing required bid
- Identification, management and mitigation of
- Internal communications and stakeholder
- Control and operational management of bid-related actions &
- Projection and control of associated bid costs to an agreed
- Contribution to ongoing development of best-practice and innovative bid
In this role, the Bid Manager will be encouraged to own and lead opportunities that may involve the provision of multiple services and a high degree of complexity, with a total contract value exceeding £100,000.
Professional Background and Experience
Essential background characteristics include:
- Comfort with selling and supporting the sale of large business deals with FTSE 350
- A successful track record as Bid Manager in large/complex pursuits or have demonstrated outstanding success in a related role and be committed to a future career in bid management
- Able to demonstrate success or aptitude for selling in a consultative
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements
- Willingness to learn and a genuine passion for
- Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable
- A good understanding of sales strategies and their
- Good team-leadership
- Strong commercial
- Experience of operating within formal and informal procurement
- Very high standards of written and verbal
- A strong desire to win
- Resourcefulness and the stamina to push through objections, hurdles etc to ensure the job gets
- Additional languages would be welcome: German, Nordic languages and French
Personal Attributes and Values
The ideal candidate would possess the following key personal attributes:
- Embracing the company culture (CEFE values) and leading by
- People and relationship
- A strong team player with the ability to
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally.
- Team player, personable, social, good at building internal
- Impeccable integrity and ethical
- High energy, competitive and hungry to
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Bid Manager will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team, particularly senior management, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and prospective clients as required.
The role will be based in our central London office.
Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in the UK.
Type of Employment
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the form below.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.