About EcoAct Sustainability Consultancy
EcoAct, an Atos Company, is an international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement. As a trusted advisor and partner to our clients, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability, remove complexity, empower individuals and teams, and deploy bespoke solutions integrated into entire value chains.
We exist to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance, delivering economic, social and environmental value.
We are looking to expand the UK Commercial Team with the addition of an Associate Sales Director. This position would suit an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for sustainability who is looking to further their career in consulting sales and have a key managerial role in the Commercial team.
Working closely with the Commercial Director, the successful applicant will work collaboratively with Sales and Consulting colleagues to prospect and close sales in line with team and personal targets. They will play a key role in developing and streamlining the Sales organisation by demonstrating commitment and passion, leveraging resources efficiently and driving continued rapid revenue growth by meeting/exceeding revenue, margin, expense, hiring and profit targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
Professional Background and Experience
Exceptional leadership and sales skills are essential, along with personal commitment and passion for the role and a comprehensive understanding of sustainability, carbon and/or energy services.
Essential background characteristics include:
- Successfully delivered sales for a business providing sustainability, carbon or energy services, including knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
- Extensive commercial consulting experience is highly desired with demonstratable success in a consultative selling environment, through application of a proven sales framework (e.g. Beacon, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- Strong writing skills
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client relationships and engagements
- Successful track record of personally closing significant levels of business with FTSE 100 and 250 clients, preferably within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector
- Demonstrates depth of market knowledge and is adept at presenting to/working with C suite audiences to help shape solutions that meet their business needs and goals
- Knowledge of Carbon Markets / Offseting / REC
- Active, hands-on approach with clients, not reluctant to cold call, travel and personally help colleagues’ close opportunities as necessary
- Willingness to learn and develop technical skills and knowledge in line with our broad portfolio of work and a genuine interest and passion for sustainability
- Evidence of establishing and maintaining a strong network of clients. A contact base at executive level across relevant companies would be highly valued
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Able to embrace the company culture (CEFE values) and lead by example
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a driving desire to succeed in the market
- People and relationship oriented
- A strong team player with high personal and professional standards, who a proven track record of managing, developing and motivating more junior staff
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and execute
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility at senior levels, both internally and externally
- Team player, personable, social, good at building internal relationships across the organisation
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- High energy, competitive and hungry to win
- Additional languages would be welcome: German, Nordic languages and French
Roles and Responsibilities
- New business: Respond to inbound leads and prospect/ identify new business opportunities to existing and new customers through online and offline lead generation activities
- Account management: Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business and further penetration through identification of new business opportunities that add value
- Quality assurance and team support: Support Sales and Advisory team members to achieve their own sales targets by contributing to and reviewing sales documentation, presentations, pitches etc, ensuring quality/accuracy of information
- Lead qualification: Working closely with the Marketing team, contact and qualify marketing qualified leads (leads generated through our content lead marketing platform)
- Service development: Developing and building sales offerings in line with market requirements, and supporting infrastructure and culture to enable the planned revenue growth.
- Continuous improvement: Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and improve sales collateral (proposals, presentations etc.)
- Customer feedback: Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required
- Self-management: Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets, and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings
- Collaboration: Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across the EcoAct Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts
- Relationships: Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationships with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation as well as line managing junior members of the team and being a key point of contact and deputising for Commercial Director as required
- Feedback: Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/ opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate
In return, EcoAct offers a great opportunity for your personal development and career advancement. Working with our dedicated team, you will continue to develop your skills and expertise, starting with our in-depth induction programme, through to ongoing technical training and an extensive range of learning and development opportunities through our training platform MyLearn. We also offer a benefits package that includes commissions on sales, a performance based annual bonus, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, life insurance, professional subscriptions, personal carbon offsetting, as well a great working environment. Company culture is of great importance to us and is something that every member of EcoAct helps to create. Our colleague led initiative, which represents the three pillars of colleagues, community and environment, runs numerous activities including wellbeing activities, volunteering and fund-raising opportunities, plastic reduction and energy saving initiatives, social events and sports teams.
We also recognise the importance of work-life balance and how EcoAct can be supportive of individual needs. If working from home, working part-time or flexible start and finish times will help with this, please let us know as part of your application.
Reporting in the first instance to the Commercial Director, the Associate Sales Director will be required to work closely with all members of the EcoAct team, particularly senior management, to achieve Company objectives. External relationships are part of the role, with a requirement to liaise with clients and prospective clients as required.
The role will be based in our central London office with the flexibility to work from home on a 50/50 office/home working basis. The successful applicant may be required to travel within the UK and internationally on assignment.
Applicants must have legal authorisation to work in the UK.
Type of Employment
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to the form below.
EcoAct is an equal opportunities employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse workforce. As an Atos company, we want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity, religion or belief, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received it is not possible to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 14 days with regards to progressing your application, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.